Born n' raised on a hobby farm in Pemberton BC, Austin's passion for the outdoors was sparked as a youngster who spent his childhood running barefoot along the edge of the Lillooet River, always under the watchful eye of the small town's most recognizable landmark, the majestic Mt. Currie. With family roots in the Whistler area since the 70's, his folks were among the first of the ski bums who worked at the resort by day but hung their mitts and raised their kin down the road in the fertile valley of 'Pemby'.
Austin began competing in local level freestyle competitions as a young teen and by the time he could drive (legally, that is) he had stood on podiums from Whistler to California in both slopestyle and big air events. Eventually his curiosity on what waited on the other side of the mountain out weighed his focus on learning new aerial maneuvers and he drifted further and further from the confines of the ski lifts and began to find his groove in the heart of the Coast Range.
Developing a specialized skill set of safe mountain travel, speedy descents and a 'new school' take on the area's classics, he grew into an accomplished backcountry athlete as he ticked off a personal bucket list of worthy peaks in his own backyard.
With the support of industry leading sponsors he is fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to travel and has added new continents as well as disciplines (paragliding, ski mountaineering) to his growing resume.
These days, Austin's time is spent traveling the world in search of fresh powder snow, tasty summits and good ol' fashioned adventure. Images of him skiing and flying have been showcased in countless international ski and outdoor publications and he's filmed with top production companies, all in hopes of sharing his unique personal quest and love for the natural world. With a keen eye for producing exciting visuals and a knack as natural storyteller, Austin has collaborated with numerous brands to showcase an authentic mountain lifestyle, which he hopes inspires others to get out and explore.
Principal Actor, SAE, SOC, Stunts
- BC Lottery Corporation - Chevrolet Silverado - Hot Tub Time Machine
- Michelob Ultra - Central Japan Railway Co. - Dick's Sporting Goods
- Universal Music Sweden - Tourism Whistler - 'Psyche' TV Series
- 'Whistler' TV Series - Herschel Supply Co.
- Levi's - RW&Co. - Clarks Shoes - Arc'teryx - Kamik
- io Merino - Wild & Heart - Michelob Ultra - Smith Optics
- Coors Light - Columbia Sportswear - Dick's Sporting Goods
- Destination BC - The Scandinave - Whistler/Blackcomb
- Postmark Brewing - Tourism Whistler - Ski Doo
Past clients & partners include:
- TomTom GPS - Devold of Norway - Insta360 - Hiball Energy
- Destination BC - Mountain Equipment Co-op - Arc'teryx
- GoPro - Leki USA - Icebreaker Pure Merino - SBC Skier
- Volkl/Marker/Dalbello - Mountain Life Magazine
- Whistler/Blackcomb Resort - World Ski & Snowboard Festival
'Product of the Environment' - Vancouver International Film Festival
'Soak It In; Tools For Effective Visualization' - Rise & Shine Camp
'Product of the Environment' -Arc'teryx Store Grand Opening (Montreal)
'Comfort In Uncomfortable Places' - Arc'teryx Store (Whistler)
'The Inner Voice' - Arc'teryx Sales Meeting (Vancouver)
Live Music Venues:
- 25th Anniversary SSMB Festival - Flag Stop Theatre & Arts Festival
- Beer Farmers Brewery - Stones Edge Whistler - The Alpine Cafe
- Norman Rudy's Squamish - The Shipyards Vancouver - Crystal Lounge
- Pemberton Hotel - Black Bird Bakery - Big Sky Golf & Country Club
- Cranked Espresso - Town Square Restaurant
Feed coming soon
Copyright © 2020 Austin Ross - All Rights Reserved.