Born n' raised on a hobby farm in Pemberton BC, Austin's passion for the outdoors was sparked as a youngster who spent his childhood running barefoot along the edge of the Lillooet River, always under the watchful eye of the small town's most recognizable landmark, the majestic Mt. Currie. With family roots in the Whistler area since the 70's, his folks were among the first wave of ski bums who worked at the resort by day but hung their mitts and raised their kin down the road in the fertile valley of 'Pemby'.
Austin began competing in local level freestyle competitions as a young teen and by the time he could drive (legally, that is) he had stood on podiums from Whistler to California in both slopestyle and big air events and began getting exposure in ski films and magaziness. Eventually his curiosity on what waited on the other side of the mountain out weighed his focus on learning new aerial maneuvers and he drifted further and further from the confines of the ski lifts and began to find his groove exploring his local zone in the heart of the Coast Range.
Developing a specialized skill set of safe mountain travel, speedy descents and a 'new school' take on the area's classics, he grew into an accomplished backcountry explorer as he ticked off a personal bucket list of worthy peaks in his own backyard on his skis and wings. With the support of industry leading sponsors he has been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel the world and has added adventures in a number of countries to his growing resume.
These days, Austin's time is spent hunting fresh powder snow, tasty summits and exciting lines to speed ride. During the winter months his primary focus is collaborating with the top outdoor sports photographers and images of him skiing around the world have been showcased on the cover and in the galleries of countless international ski and outdoor publications. Austin loves sharing his unique personal vision and passion for the natural world with others. With a keen eye for producing exciting visuals and natural knack for storytelling, he has collaborated with numerous brands to showcase an authentic mountain lifestyle, which he hopes inspires others to get outside and scratch their own itch for adventure.
Past clients & partners include:
- TomTom GPS - Devold of Norway - Insta360 - Hiball Energy
- Destination BC - Mountain Equipment Co-op - Arc'teryx
- GoPro - Leki USA - Icebreaker Pure Merino - SBC Skier
- Volkl/Marker/Dalbello - Mountain Life Magazine
- Whistler/Blackcomb Resort - World Ski & Snowboard Festival
- Levi's - RW&Co. - Clarks Shoes - Arc'teryx - Kamik
- io Merino - Wild & Heart - Michelob Ultra - Smith Optics
- Coors Light - Columbia Sportswear - Dick's Sporting Goods
- Destination BC - The Scandinave - Whistler/Blackcomb
- Postmark Brewing - Tourism Whistler - Ski Doo
'Product of the Environment' - Vancouver International Film Festival
'Soak It In; Tools For Effective Visualization' - Rise & Shine Camp
'Product of the Environment' -Arc'teryx Store Grand Opening (Montreal)
'Comfort In Uncomfortable Places' - Arc'teryx Store (Whistler)
'The Inner Voice' - Arc'teryx Sales Meeting (Vancouver)
Live Music Venues:
- 25th Anniversary SSMB Festival - Flag Stop Theatre & Arts Festival
- Beer Farmers Brewery - Stones Edge Whistler - The Alpine Cafe
- Norman Rudy's Squamish - The Shipyards Vancouver - Crystal Lounge
- Pemberton Hotel - Black Bird Bakery - Big Sky Golf & Country Club
- Cranked Espresso - Town Square Restaurant
Copyright © 2020 Austin Ross - All Rights Reserved.